Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday - 24x7 Hours


Mouth Cancer may affect structures in the body that are important for breathing, eating, swallowing and speaking. It may also affect your appearance. As well as being treated by a surgeon and a doctor who specialises in cancer (clinical oncologists), you may also see a dietitian, speech therapist, and a dentist. You’ll also usually have the support of a nurse who specialises in head and neck cancer (clinical nurse specialist). Being diagnosed with cancer can cause stress and anxiety for you and your family. In some hospitals, a psychologist will be available to provide support if you need them. If problems with swallowing temporarily make it difficult for you to get the nutrition you need by mouth, you may need to have a tube inserted through your nose and passed down into your stomach (nasogastric tube). If the problem is likely to be long-term, a doctor who specialises in stomach and bowel conditions (gastroenterologist) or a radiologist will insert a tube directly into your stomach (gastrostomy).

Scroll to top
× How can I help you?